Hikmet Hajiyev distorts Nikol Pashinyan’s words

հիքմեթ հաջիև

Ani Grigoryan, #CivilNetCheck

Hikmet Hajiyev, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s foreign policy advisor said at a September 22 meeting with the International Committee of the Red Cross’s Baku office that Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said there were no civilian casualties in Nagorno-Karabakh.

“As the Prime Minister of Armenia himself admitted, civilians were not harmed. In this regard, unverified and unserious statements by EU, French, and German officials remain incomprehensible,” Hajiyev wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

However, Hajiyev is manipulating Pashinyan’s words.

On September 21, Pashinyan posted a video message, referring to the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh and widespread disinformation about it.

Pashinyan did not say civilians were not injured, but noted that “information about mass casualties among the civilian population does not correspond to reality.”

“Everything spreading online has not been verified, at least at the moment we do not have any such information,” the prime minister.

With this statement, Pashinyan in fact refuted the information previously spread online that residents of a number of villages in the Martuni region were massacred, which turned out to be false.

And according to official figures, the number of people killed in Nagorno-Karabakh as a result of Azerbaijan’s actions is at least 200, and the number of wounded is more than 400. Among the civilian population, the number of wounded exceeds 40, including 13 children. At the moment, 10 civilians have been confirmed killed, 5 of them children. At present, more than 10,000 people have been evacuated or fled from their homes.

leave a reply