By Ani Paitjan
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s government approved the "Government Structure and Functions Program” on March 7.
The following changes will be implemented by the approved program:
- The position of the first deputy prime minister will be eliminated.
- The number of ministries will be reduced from 17 to 12.
- A selected number of ministries will change their names.
- The Ministry of Diaspora will be incorporated into the Office of the Prime Minister.
- The appendices attached to the prime minister’s decisions can be signed by the chief of staff.
At the March 7 session of the National Assembly, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said that the government’s main task is to improve the process of public administration and the level of relations with the Diaspora.
"There will be no personnel recruiting in this process. However, there will be cuts," Pashinyan said.